How to Make Your Own Coffee Scrub



Over the past few months, I have also been experimenting with using more organic and less chemicals on my skin as part of my skincare routine.  I'm usually not the one to wear make up every day, nor do i usually wash my face with a scrub or a soap at all. But as for the rest of y body, I love using a coffee scrub right before bed. They say coffee is actually supposed to wake you up and get you ready for the day but I love the small later on at night when you're all snuggled up in bed.

I am no health expert, as much as i would love to be (maybe even enough to study up and get qualified?) but i enjoy reading up on things online, whenever something comes to mind i'll always go check it out on the wonderful Google.  These other experts on the world wide web claim that coffee (and caffeine) appareCocontly do all sorts of good things for your skin.

1. Diminish the appearance of cellulite

2. Tighten and tone the look of your skin

3. Serve as an exfoliant, when you use the grounds as a scrub

4.  Coffee is naturally a great antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.

But the ingredients in this home made organic - chemical free scrub are simple as it gets. You'll need:

 Coffee grounds -To be honest, the first time I made this i just pulled out the instant coffee from my mums pantry and used it. It smells exactly the same as the original Frank Body Scrub too.

Sugar - Any type of sugar will do the job, I switch it up between brown sugar (for softer sensitive skin) and raw sugar (if i want a stronger exfoliation).


Oil - Coconut oil is my go to again here, it's amazing stuff for your body, inside and out.

Just mix them all up, and you will be ready to go with a scrub that smells good enough to eat. Between using this scrub, dry brushing daily and using the treadmill a few times each week my thighs have gotten softer and firmer, even my stubborn little dimple on my thigh is nearly gone. Maybe i'll post before and after picks if i can be bothered.  The coconut oil is a great moisturizer.I've added some of my photos as what it looked like for me when i was making it. It always helps me when I'm following a recipe.







All in all, it’s natural and that's the way i like it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind words only, this is a positive blog. Negative comments get automatically removed before the owner reads them so don't waste your time :)